Tuesday, December 12, 2017

12-11-17

TRAVEL DAY

I can not remember the last time I had to be up before 8:30 A.M. I had set my alarm for 6 A.M. so I could have enough time to pack and eat breakfast and be down in the lobby by 8 A.M. Today was another travel day. We gave our luggage to our bus driver and got on the bus. At this point I felt super awkward. I only knew two people on the whole bus and no one really talked to each other. It was pretty quite until we started to make stops. In between the stops, I slept and listened to music and played some more Sudoku and Tetris. The first stop we made was near a bridge to see some American Crocodile that were in the river. 

After the croc stop, we boarded the bus to ride for an hour and a half before we made another stop to look for the Scarlet Macaw. We saw two together perched on a tall branch, there we also saw a Toucan. This stop was right by the coast so I went down the REALLY steep hill to get a good picture of the ocean. The view right on the beach was spectacular, but I am not so sure if it was worth the climb back up the hill. 

I am absolutely terrible at Spanish. I can't understand it or speak it. I took two years in high school, but I don't remember much. When we stopped for lunch I made a complete fool of myself. This is my first time in a new country will a different language and currency. I eventually got my food ordered and paid for. After we ate and took a break it was back on the bus until we arrived at the Las Cruces Biological Station. 

Once at the station, I unpacked and set up my new living area for the next 8 days. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

12-15-17

FIELD DAY Today was a late start. I didn't get out of bed until ten minutes before breakfast was ready. It was too cold to get out f...