Saturday, December 16, 2017

12-15-17

FIELD DAY

Today was a late start. I didn't get out of bed until ten minutes before breakfast was ready. It was too cold to get out from under the covers. Our hiking day also started a little late, we didn't leave for the jungle until around 8:30. 

Today was not as bad as the last field day, my legs were used to the steep hills today. Today it was just Trent, Pedro and me. We got back just before three, so the day ended earlier than it did earlier this week. 

After we changed SD cards in the cameras and put out more bait, we were able to take a nice long shower and nap for a couple hours before dinner. 

After dinner, Brian and Scott held a little presentation for everyone. Brian showed us some photos he's taken from previous projects and Scott was showing us little videos advertising the summer program that is held at two of the three biological stations in Costa Rica. 

I would love to be able to do a summer program, but I don't think I would be able to be away from my family that long. I also have a lease until December of 2018 and would have to continue to pay for bills while I was away. 

It was really cool to see Brian's "The Plastic Project." Before I saw his photos, I never really thought of comparing the organic and inorganic compounds in an area. It would be awesome to see that project grow and eventually get published. It has a lot of power and could impact a lot of people. 

I am really excited to see the pictures Brian has taken on our trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

12-15-17

FIELD DAY Today was a late start. I didn't get out of bed until ten minutes before breakfast was ready. It was too cold to get out f...