Tuesday, December 12, 2017

12-12-17

PREP DAY 

I again had to be up SUPER early. I am still not used to it. A couple weeks ago I quit having any caffeine so I literally have no way to help me stay awake. Breakfast was great. The food here is really good. Before coming, I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy it. But so far, I like it. 

After breakfast, Rodo gave us a tour of the grounds, and led us into the forest. Telling us information about several different plants along the way. 

My legs hurt today. After our tour of the botanical gardens we walked down into the forest to see where our projects could be, and what we could base our projects off of. After a while, some people wanted to turn back so they could relax before lunch. I decided to go further. The Java river was not too far ahead and I wanted to make it there. Once I made it to the river, I just wanted to duck my whole head into the water. I was so sweaty. The water was pretty warm, a lot warmer than the rivers and streams we have back in Wisconsin. It would be cool to go back to the river and take a little swim. The sound of the water flowing was very relaxing, but at the same time, just made me have to use the restroom even more. We walked back up to the station, and made it there just in time to relax for 20 minutes or so before lunch. When I got to the station, I could not find my phone... I was panicking, what if I dropped my phone in the forest and then I never found it again, or what if there would be some sort of damage that make me have to get a new one? All my worries went away after I arrived at lunch and Jessica had my phone. I am so thankful that she spotted it on the trail. 



After lunch, we had a long meeting about the different possible projects, what we would need for them, and who would be assigned to the project. The project I signed up for will be very tiring. There are 12 different trail cameras that we will have to set up in various areas around the 500 acres of forest. I thought my legs hurt today, tomorrow will be even worse. I'm excited though, hopefully I will see some animals that I have never seen before. 

Dinner was delicious once again, this food will be easy to adjust too. I can't wait for the days to come. 

Being here is an absolute blessing. I have travelled to many states in the U.S. but nothing beyond the borders. Seeing all this green and being in the forest has been humbling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

12-15-17

FIELD DAY Today was a late start. I didn't get out of bed until ten minutes before breakfast was ready. It was too cold to get out f...